Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tslouis
Paper Tape
Views: 1,142
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 20BT can not find Network Controller drivers for Windows 7 Pro

Hi,

I had to reinstall Windows 7 professional  (SP1) onto a X1 Carbon 20BT latop due to a failure while trying to reinstall a previous image I had taken of the laptop, using EaseUS to do backup. For some reason the reimage failed halfway through and wiped the hard drive.

Because of this I had to install a fresh copy of Windows 7 professional. I was able to reinstall all of the drivers apart from the Network Controller drivers. Within Mevice manager the Network Controller is showing with an yellow explanation Mark next to it.

I have had Lenovo remote onto the laptop and and try to install the drivers with no success. They used the various  Lenovo tools without success. They also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers in the recommended order they (Lenovo) suggest (this included installing all of the correct chipsets drivers). 

I also tried to look for the drivers via the hardware IDs, which are below, on the Internet with no success. I know they are Intel drivers by just can't find them. Any help will be much appreciated. Please see the hardware IDs below.

Network Controller Hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_095B&SUBSYS_52108086&REV_99
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_095B&SUBSYS_52108086
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_095B&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_095B&CC_0280

Regards

Trevor

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,117
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 20BT can not find Network Controller drivers for Windows 7 Pro

Hello and welcome,

The Google thinks those IDs belong to a 7265.

You've already tried installing this driver (it's the only one listed)?  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-X-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-X1-...

What happens when you do?  If you haven't already you might try installing and running ThinkVantage System Update via a wired connection and see if it turns up anything else.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-X-Series-laptops/ThinkPad-X1-...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors