Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
croustiFajita
Fanfold Paper
Views: 528
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon (20FB) 1.17 BIOS broke wake from hibernation by opening the lid :(

Hi,

I updated my X1 Carbon 4th gen to 1.17 BIOS, and since then, opening the lid won't wake the computer from hibernation, except when plugged.

Bios changelog states 

Disabled the power button when the computer is in battery mode and the
  computer lid is closed

but when I read "power button", I don't think "this is gonna break the behavior of the lid".

And of course, no rollback is possible from 1.17, so I'm stuck with a computer wich won't wake from hibernation correctly.

I just can advise you all to not upgrade bios, and see what's inside the next version...

Former Employee
Views: 444
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon (20FB) 1.17 BIOS broke wake from hibernation by opening the lid :(

Think Engineering reviewed customer reports that opening the lid on X1 Carbon 4th Generation (type: 20FB and 20FC) does not wake the system from a sleep/hibernation state after upgrading to BIOS v1.17.

They found the problem can be reproduced when transitioning from suspend to hibernation to wake, then wake fails. Root cause for this failure is currently under investigation.

I will post again when I receive an update.

Thank you,

croustiFajita
Fanfold Paper
Views: 435
Message 3 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon (20FB) 1.17 BIOS broke wake from hibernation by opening the lid :(

Hi, and thank you for your answer.

Actually, the sequence "sleep -> hibernation -> wake" leads to another issue for me, with the trackpad.

I've described the issue here :

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-2016-20FB-Ultranav-unresponsive-for...

If Think Engineering can investigate this issue aswell it would be great, thx.

Former Employee
Views: 433
Message 4 of 5

CroustiFajita,

I found that discussion and escalated it to Think Engineering to see if would be related before replying to your post here. While it appears to have been experienced on an earlier BIOS version, the same mechanism may be root cause for both.

I will post any updates I receive for that symptom in that discussion.

Thank you,

croustiFajita
Fanfold Paper
Views: 305
Message 5 of 5

Updated my BIOS to 1.18 and now the lid function as it should.

But unfortunately the trackpad bug after sleep is still present Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors