10-10-2019

GB

5 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 1 of 1

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) Adaptive keyboard missing from control panel

2019-10-10, 8:19 AM

I'm having some issues with my 2nd gen X1 (20A8). The adaptive keyboard just doesn't want to work properly. It's physically working because during boot I can switch the panel config. And whatever config is there when Windows 10 starts, most of the buttons work fine. 

The two major non-working buttons are the 'switch panel' button on the left, and the settings button on the right. I've followed numerous articles and got to the point where I'm going into control panel and trying to access adaptive keyboard. I get this;

And when I click on it I get 'application not found' (not surprising considering the blank icon). Following it further I find that it's part of the hotkeys update which I find as r0yvu27e.exe. 

The install works, and I'm able to switch panels. But the settings button still doesn't work, and the adaptive keyboard option in control panel is still dead. But then I restart the laptop, and I lose the ability to switch panels.

To my untrained eye I think something has got messed up on a driver update, and my first thought is to clear everything out and start again. But I don't know what I need to clear out and from where. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save