Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evyshapiro
Blue Screen Again
Views: 282
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon 2nd gen Adaptive Function Keys broken

Hi guys, I've seen some threads similar to this, but none of the solutions have helped me.

I recently purchased a 2nd gen X1 carbon, the one with the digital function keys. They don't seem to be working anymore. They did when I first got it, but have stopped. I've spent lots of time making sure I have all drivers, to no prevail. 

The actual function keys themselves work, F1 through F12, as well as the button for the backlit keyboard. The Fn key that you use to switch modes of the adaptive function keys, as well as the settings button and project and wifi button don't work.

The strange thing is that everything works in BIOS. It is only when Windows 10 boots up that it stops working.

Any help that anyone can give me is really appreciated!

Evyshapiro
Blue Screen Again
Views: 259
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon 2nd gen Adaptive Function Keys broken

Edit: When the laptop goes to sleep, the function keys turn off, and when I wake it up, they don't turn back on. I have to restart the laptop to get them working. I don't know why Lenovo did this. Why can't they just be buttons

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 172
Message 3 of 4

Hi Evyshapiro! There is a recent firmware update for the machine but just to make sure that the drivers are up to date, please run the update through the Think Vantage app. Install all available updates then restart the computer. Check if the issue persist.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Evyshapiro
Blue Screen Again
Views: 150
Message 4 of 4

Yes I use the vantage app and all of my drivers are up to date and the issue persists. I think I will return this laptop and get a gen 3 or something. This really is the most stupid thing to put on a laptop. why change something that works and no one is complaining about?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors