Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jmf1
Paper Tape
Views: 918
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon 3444 - Left Click on Touchpad Stops Working

Hi,

After installing Windows 10, I began to have issues with the left click button on the touchpad.  The left click suddenly stops functioning, and it does not work again until I reboot the computer.  It is not a hardware issue as I have tested this by changing the functionality between the left and right buttons, at which point the left button works again.  My sense is there is a bug in the touchpad's driver software under the new operating system.  I have tried to uninstall and reinstall drivers, I have scanned to ensure the computer does not have a virus, and I have reinstalled the operating system.  None of this solves the issue.  The left mouse click on the touchpad will still suddenly stop working at some period of time after using the computer (generally after leaving the computer idle and later resuming use).  

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions are welcome.  Is it a bug in the driver software for the touchpad that needs to be fixed for Windows 10?  

Thanks you! 

jmf1
Paper Tape
Views: 864
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 3444 - Left Click on Touchpad Stops Working

The left click button on the touchpad no longer works even after a restart.  I once again tested to see if it was the hardware, and it is not.  If I switch the left click and right click functionality under "Mouse Properties", then the left click button 'works' (but it operates as the 'right click' button).  In this scenario, the right click button stops working.  In other words, the primary click function has been disabled somehow.  A separate USB external mouse works perfectly, but it is very inconvenient to have no ablity to use the laptop without an external mouse.  I have updated to the most recent drivers so perhaps there is still a compability bug with Windows 10?  Please advise, thank you

DTENG
Paper Tape
Views: 819
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 3444 - Left Click on Touchpad Stops Working

My wife's X1 has developed the same problem.  Was a fix ever determined for this issue?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors