Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
love4greyhounds
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 541
Message 1 of 1

X1 Carbon (34608G1) display separation

I am working on a customer's X1 Carbon (34608G1). Upon inspection of the computer I discovered that the display on the left side separated causing the display to detach from the hinge assembly. There are no signs of damage. The  2 brass colored fasteners appeared to have released themselves from the collars molded in the plastics of the inside of the lid portion of the display. Since this happened, my client, was able to save one of the brass fasteners which I pushed back into that molded collar. When I screw the screw back into the fastener, the brass fitting slides back out.

I have contacted the Lenovo Service Desk in Atlanta, GA.They sent me a display screw kit 4W3917 and hinge assembly 4W3905. The issue is the hinge itself is fine. It is those fasteners that are the issue.

Today, I called back to the Lenovo Service Desk in Atlanta, GA. with a new incident number. The rep was rude after I asked him about the part name. His response was "I already told you that, SIR!" I nicely asked him to please clarify. He is sending me part number 04W3414.

I need to get this computer fixed for my client.

First, are there other reports of the display separating happening with other X1 Carbon (34608G1) model line?

Second, I need the 2 brass fasteners and an approved adhesive to hold them into place as I don't want to do anything to void the warranty.

Note: I am a Lenovo certified service technician on these models.

Any valuable input is appreciated. Especially from a Lenovo support individual that check these posts.

Thank you,

Chris

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors