cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Peter_S
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 553
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon (3rd Gen.): Brightness can't be changed and hotkeys F5 / F6 do not work anymore

Dear all,

the brightness of the built-in monitor (touchscreen) can't be changed anymore. It is a lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (3rd Generation), model 20BTS0W70E, with Windows 8.1 Enterprise (64). Additionally, the Hotkeys Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 do not work anymore. All other hotkeys and options work properly.

Meanhwhile I have installed the latest video/graphic adapter driver, power management driver, and the hotkey features integration. But the issue hasn't been been solved. Moreoverm I reset the plan settings of the power plan (within power options) through "Restore default settings for this plan", of course with restarting the PC. But: nothing has changed.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance, and kind regards,

J. P. S.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Type 20BS, 20BT) 20BTS0W70E
J_Peter_S
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 528
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon (3rd Gen.): Brightness can't be changed and hotkeys F5 / F6 do not work anymore

I "googled" a while and found the root cause. Before the issue occured, I had installed the TeamViewer 11 monitor driver. This driver blocked an adjustment of the brightness control. I deinstalled it. Thereafter, the issue has been solved.

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (Type 20BS, 20BT) 20BTS0W70E

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors