Options

2 Posts

08-05-2019

GL

7 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 3rd gen: Touchpad/trackpoint 'bricked'?

2019-08-06, 0:34 AM

So, i'm fairly confident that my touchpad/trackpoint is 'bricked' on my X1 Carbon 3rd gen. I don't know what have triggered it but i haven't been able to make any progress in getting it to work in the last 5 hours.

1. There is no response on the trackpointer, the touchpad or its buttons

2. Windows doesn't see any mouse-devices under Device Manager

3. Uninstalling "Synaptic Pointing Device" results in a yellow generic PS/2 device, but still no mouse

4. Bios is newest version N14ET51W (1.29) and i've done a Reset Default Settings

5. Both trackpoint and touchpad is enabled in the BIOS

6. Running hardware scans using Lenovo Solution Center doesn't yield any errors

7. Using TouchPad-Flash Utility - TrackPointDetect yields 20 warnings and 2 errors.

8. I've dissambled my laptop touchpad and keyboard connectors and making sure they are firmly connected.

9. Is there something i have missed?

Anyways. I've made peace with having to replace some parts - nothing lasts forever and i've had my laptop for 4 years now. The million dollar question is though; what to replace?

Without knowing the inner workings of the X1 Carbon i can't get my head around how the touchpad an keyboard interacts. On other models its a single component and you replace both keyboard and touchpad together. Do i need to do that on X1 Carbon as well even though its two seperate components?

Options

2 Posts

08-05-2019

GL

7 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 3rd gen: Touchpad/trackpoint 'bricked'?

2019-08-06, 15:10 PM

I found a replacement part for the whole top cover, keyboard and touchpad. Is this the replacement you would all recommend?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save