Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JanNjr
Paper Tape
Views: 773
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 4gen overheating

My brand new X1 Carbon (i5 6300U, 8GB, 128GB SSD) is having the issue with uneffective cooling. The symptoms are that when I do basic tasks like working with one tab opened in my web browser, the cooling fan keeps on running at very high speed and the surface of the computer gets very hot. Needles to say that my previous laptop, the Dell Latitude E5450 with Intel i5 5300U, remains absolutely cool and quiet doing the same thing.

I have read that this is a kind of common issue with the X1, therefore I suppose that you already have some experience with its solution. Based on that I have a straight forward question: Is the issue going to improve if I have the cooler fixed, or is it going to be useless and I'm just going to spare myself a lot of stress if I return the laptop and buy another model instead straightaway?

Edit: I have measured the temperatures of the system in Speedfan and I have found that I get the highest values at sensor "Temp1". For instance now the readings are:
HD0: 30°C
Temp1: 69°C
Core 0: 54°C

Core 1: 53°C

Do you have any idea what is measured by the "Temp1" sensor?

Thanks for any insights.

martin3s
Fanfold Paper
Views: 641
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 4gen overheating

There are some cooling options in lenovo companion.

play with them a little and see how is running.if can not find them reply so i search and give some screenshots

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors