cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdykema
What's DOS?
Views: 475
Message 1 of 1

X1 Carbon 4th GEN After Update to BIOS 1.26 Keyboard in OneLink+ Dock won't work until OS Boots

A few days ago I was prompted to install an urgent BIOS update.  I followed the screen prompts and the system rebooted and flashed the BIOS.  Our company laptops all have Sophos encryption, which requires a separate login prior to booting the OS (Win7).  I've always been able to enter user ID and password information on that screen using the USB keyboard connected to my OneLink+ dock (which is connected to the laptop).

Following this BIOS update, I can no longer use the keyboard or mouse (also USB) connected to the OneLink+ dock until the OS boots.  I have to open my laptop, enter my Sophos ID and password on the laptop keyboard, then close the laptop.  Once the OS (Win7) boots, I can use both the USB devices fine.  Interestingly enough, the monitor attached to the OneLink+ dock functions just fine before the OS boots up.

I checked BIOS settings and couldn't see anything there that looked odd or out of place.  I also checed Device Manager to see if there were any warnings or issues, and didn't see anything.

I tried to downgrade the BIOS to an earlier version, but once you are above 1.23 that is not possible.  I did flash to the latest release - 1.27 - but that did not fix the issue.

So I'm stuck with a rather awkward login process which was not an issue until this BIOS version was installed a few days ago.  I've reviewed other post for similar issues but have not found anything that points at a solution thus far.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors