Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mindyxiaomin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 457
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon 4th needs reset every time to boot up

Hi everyone,

I am a new user of thinkpad. I got my X1 carbon 4th at the end of 2016 and it works perfect. But this morning, it doesn't boot up suddenly. After clicking reset hole on the back of laptop, it turns on. However, the problem is I need to reset everytime I want to start it and this is really annoying

Besides, it can start smoothly right after shutting down, but it doesn't work if the interval goes longer.

Dose anyone have the same experience or have any suggestion?

This is my only laptop and I could hardly work without it. So upset and frustrated.

Thanks for any reply!!

Mindyxiaomin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 398
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon 4th needs reset every time to boot up

Does anybody have suggestion? It rather bother me. Thanks for any idea about it!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 389
Message 3 of 4

It sounds like a pain.  What OS?  UEFI or legacy boot?  Latest BIOS and power managment driver?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Mindyxiaomin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 383
Message 4 of 4

Hi Richk, thanks for you reply. It is absolutely troublesome to bring a pin everywhere. 

My OS is Win10 64-bit and I've checked my BIOS and power management driver, both of which are latest. It's UEFI boot.

Do you have any idea about it and your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors