Did you mean: 
Highlighted
joiliko
Punch Card
Views: 1,286
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 5th BIOS Image

Hi,

I love changing BIOS splash images, and I did exactly the same with my x1 Carbon

However, during the recent update on 1.22 BIOS, a window saying "say yes if you want to keep the changed image, say no to revert to default" I opted no, as I actually wanted to replace my custom image with the other one.

And all of a sudden it reverted to stock LENOVO image and I can't flash my modded splash at all!

I tried downgrading and reflashing BIOS, tried flashing the image I already had....nothing

I simply can't remove default BIOS image

I found this post but it's not working

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-BIOS-Image/m-p/1442683#M46584

Any ideas?

joiliko
Punch Card
Views: 1,258
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 5th BIOS Image

Easy-dizzy, I was naming the file logo.bmp.

Should have been just LOGO

Btw, you can flash custom image without updating BIOS itself

PaulNOOA
Paper Tape
Views: 920
Message 3 of 5

I'm trying to do the same with an X1 Yoga 2nd Gen (20JF)

No matter what LOGO I use, JPG, PNG, BMP - it's always the red Lenovo logo. I also tried renaming just LOGO, as you mentioned, still no luck!

Is there a BIOS option that I need to enable to show the logo?

How do you flash the custom image without updating the BIOS itself?

joiliko
Punch Card
Views: 911
Message 4 of 5

I don't remember it exacly now, but I guess if you donwload BIOS from Lenovo Update website and then extract it, there is a bunch of progammes to run. And the one you run to update BIOS, gives you two options - update BIOS or change serial number (or something like it). Try running both and see wherether they shiow promt to use custom image or save the default....

Just don't actually cahnge the serial number))

PaulNOOA
Paper Tape
Views: 909
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the reply! That's what I was using already, just wondering if you had another way to update the image Smiley Happy

Turns out it did not like my JPG image - once I converted it to GIF, the logo worked!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors