Options

4 Posts

11-04-2017

US

10 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 5th Gen: After full system reset, no Vantage updates or Windows updates found

2018-11-11, 20:26 PM

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I did a complete system restore (to factory state) of my X1 Carbon 5th Gen system.  Following the restore, I use Vantage to search for Lenovo updates - and it only finds 3 optional updates, but ZERO critical updates.  Then I run Windows Update and it also finds ZERO updates - says my system is up to date, even though the only updates it has installed are Malicious Software updates. It even keeps dropping the wifi connection, despite the wifi being perfectly stable.

Have I completely destroyed this system?  Below are screen shots of the Vantage window with the BIOS and product number. 

I've never had such an issue like this after a full system restore.  
Thanks!

Moderator edit by bananaman: Removed screenshots with serial number to prevent mischief. Please mask it.

Options

76 Posts

11-24-2007

Denver, CO

679 Signins

2671 Page Views

• Views: 2671
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 5th Gen: After full system reset, no Vantage updates or Windows updates found

2018-11-11, 21:40 PM

Oddly, your lower screenshot shows no Installation History bar. Perhaps you are using an old version of Lenovo System Update and/or Lenovo Vantage. Here is the latest version of Lenovo System Update.

Lenovo System Update for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit), 8 (32-bit, 64-bit), 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Desktop, Notebook, Workstation

For the Lenovo Vantage App, you have to get that from the Microsoft Store AFAIK.

https://support.lenovo.com/tw/en/solutions/ht505081

To delete your existing version of Lenovo Vantage, right click on the icon in the start menu and choose Uninstall.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save