Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jdc1
What's DOS?
Views: 97
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 5th Gen - Lock screen and blank screen timers not working when docked to USB-C dock

Hi all, my lock screen and blank screen timeouts do not work when my Windows 10 Pro Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 5th Gen laptop 20HRS15800 is connected to the Lenovo USB-C docking station 40A9. If the laptop is not docked, the lock screen and blank screen timeouts work just fine and the screen goes off as expected. When docked and the timer expires, however, the external monitor and laptop screen briefly turn off for about 1 second, but both screens come right back on when they should not.

I've googled and tried numerous suggestions for fixing this problem, which were mostly about double checking that the windows settings screens and the registry keys match up (Windows 10 has made a mess of the power settings, but I carefully checked and rechecked them to be sure they are set to go off on battery and AC at the same time). I've also updated and reinstalled display and monitor drivers, updated and reinstalled the docking station drivers and firmware, checked and rechecked the lock screen and blank screen timeouts in the Windows 10 settings interface and the registry, disconnected everything from the dock except for the external monitor (a Dell U2415 connected over the normal display port cable), and made sure that Windows and an all other Lenovo drivers are current, but I'm still having the problem.

Has anyone solved this problem? Some help here would be much appreciated.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 69
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 5th Gen - Lock screen and blank screen timers not working when docked to USB-C dock

Hi jdc1!

Thank you for using the community forums.

Let's isolate the issue. Could you try to disconnect all the peripherals connected to the Thinkpad P50 laptop, leave the docking station connected and check if the screen will lock.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors