Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FArM
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 5th Gen - Touchpad stops working

My X1 Carbon 5th Gen has been driving me insane the last few weeks. My touchpad stops working alltogether after either coming out of sleep mode, or booting. I have searched on every forum Google kindly wants to show me for a solution, but they all say the same : uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the Synaptics touchpad driver. This solution works... but only untill the next sleep or reboot.

So, I have been doing that solution many times every day, now, for the past 2 or 3 weeks.. Anyone has a clue as to how to make this stick for good?

X1 Carbon 5th gen

Windows 10 Family x64

OS Version 18362.387

BIOS version : N1MET57W 1.42

8gb ram

Fingerprint reader

Thanks!

gario
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 5th Gen - Touchpad stops working

I have got a similar problem with my touchpad. Nevertheless, it starts work in a very strange way when I plug in the AC adaptor or HDMI. Nevertheless, I don't know whether this is related to a Software (or driver) problem or is the hardware (maybe not grounded properly).

I have a T490s 16GB Ram I7 8th Gen

FArM
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 3 of 5

FArM
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 4 of 5

Update : my conputer now dosen't recognise that there is a Synaptic device plugged in, and my keyboard has small bugs to where it stops functionning for a couple seconds, then comes back online.

ThickBurger
Blue Screen Again
Views: 111
Message 5 of 5

I've got the same problem as well on my X1 Carbon Yoga Gen 3. Not sure if it's a software or hardware issue as it happens randomly.

I've tried to:

1. Download the latest touchpad driver and reinstall it. - This doesn't seem to be the issue

2. Restart the computer. - Doesn't seem to help as it's a recurring issue.

Not sure what's up with Lenovo honestly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors