Highlighted
harpreet_grewal
Paper Tape
Views: 4,613
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon 5th Gen thunderbolt 3.0 dock not recognizing the external monitor

Hello Everyone,

I am new here so please go easy on me.

I just bought and X1 Carbon 5th Gen laptop c/w Thunderbolt 3.0 docking station.

The problem that I have is that the docking station won't recognise any of the external screens that are connected.

I am using two Acer screens (one is connected using HDMI port on the dock and the other one uisng Display port).

I have tried by connecting just one screen but nothing.

I can see that Thunderbolt software is installed and its connected to my laptop.

The laptop will charge through the docking station and also the wireless mouse and keyboard will work fine through the dock.

Lenovo recommended that i should update my drivers.

So I installed Lenovo Companion from Windows store. But it won't update my system. 

After clicking on System Update, I will get an error message saying "There is a problem in reteriving new updates for your system.Please try again later".

Hence I downloaded all the drivers from support website and installed them manually but my docking station is still not working with the external monitors.

The monitors works fine when connected directly to the laptop using the HDMI cable.

Thanks in advance for your help.

InspektrGdgt
Paper Tape
Views: 4,112
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon 5th Gen thunderbolt 3.0 dock not recognizing the external monitor

Having the same problem with monitors connected to the Thunderbolt 3 Dock. All other ports are working including the SVGA port. Called support but they say the Dock (purchased from Lenovo's website) has an expired warranty. Having to email a proof of purchase before they are willing to assist.Smiley Mad

harpreet_grewal
Paper Tape
Views: 4,108
Message 3 of 4

Mine actually did work. Turned out that it was a faulty HDMI cable.

InspektrGdgt
Paper Tape
Views: 4,106
Message 4 of 4

Tried 3 different monitors, various adapters and cables, still no luck, hope Lenovo can get this warranty thig squared too. The same monitors are working just fine with a cheap ol Targus dock.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors