Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
longs_peak1
What's DOS?
Views: 282
Message 1 of 6

X1 Carbon 5th Gen trackpad scrolling inssues

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue but when using the 2-finger scrolling on my trackpad, occasionally the scrolling feature will stop working. If I switch to another tab and scroll very briefly and return to the tab I was working in the scrolling will resume. However, once the scrolling stops, if I don't open a new tab/window/program and scroll in it, it will continue to no longer work.

Any others experience this, have solutions, updates to download, etc.? Thanks for the help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 230
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Carbon 5th Gen trackpad scrolling inssues

Hi longs_peak1!

Welcome to the community forums.

When did the issue start? Is there a recent change or update on the laptop prior to this issue? Could you try to perform a Power Drain, here's how https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and then, access the Device Manager, uninstall the touchpad driver, put a check in the box if it will ask to delete the driver. The laptop will restart or you need to restart it manually after uninstalling the driver and check if the issue remains.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

longs_peak1
What's DOS?
Views: 171
Message 3 of 6

Hi again, I know it was a while ago you posted this response and I appreciate it.

When I open my touchpad driver under device manager, I have three (3) things listed: HID compliant mouse is listed twice, and synaptics pointing device. Which one(s) should I attempt to uninstall? 

After I uninstall, reboot my computer, should I need to re-download the driver? Or theoretically if it fixes the issue, am I find without having the driver installed? 

Thanks for you assistance!

Mayank181
What's DOS?
Views: 118
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

I have the same issue. I recently bought the x1 carbon gen 7. Two finger scrolling stops occasionally. On navigating to another open window and returning back to orginial the scrolling works normally. 

Were you able to resolve the issue? Please share how you fixed it. 

Thanks,

ThePremster
What's DOS?
Views: 78
Message 5 of 6

I've the exact same problem on my X1 Carbon 7th Gen as well.  

Mayank181
What's DOS?
Views: 51
Message 6 of 6

It looks like there is no solution. Lenovo should update the firmware for touchpad for fixing this

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors