Options

0 Posts

01-24-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 5th Generation at USB-C Dock.Problem with USB if Thunderbolt in BIOS set to "USB Pre Boot"

2020-01-30, 14:34 PM

Hi together,

I have a problem with my USB-C docking station if I enable the field "Support in Pre Boot Environment" in my X1 bios.

Devices:

Lenovo X1 (Type 20HR, 20HR002MGE):

- Windows 10 up-to-date with Lenovo System Update

USB-C Dock (Type 40AC bzw. 340AC0135EU)):

- Firmware: 43.00

- Drivers 17.4.80.xx

My X1 SSD is encryptet with bitlocker and i have to type a password before booting windows, thats why I enabled the preboot Environment for usb with my thundebolt port in bios that i can use my external display and usb keyboard for typing. So far so good.

Since I made that setting, my usb ports in my dock are very unstable. After reconnection my dock while running windows all my usb ports of the dock refused to reconnect and my keyboard is not working until I restart. After unplugging and replugging my X1 to my dock I have to connect all my USB directly to the X1 or I have to restart windows. Both is very annoying.

If I disable that BIOS Setting, my keyboard is not working for entering my bitlocker password and my external monitor is not showing the bitlocker screen, but disconnecting and reconnecting my X1 with my dock is working perfectly.

Am I realy alone with that problem? I hope anybody can help.

I already tried to disable my security settings for thundebrolt in BIOS and all other security levels. But it did not help.

Thanks in advance,

Roland

Options

0 Posts

01-24-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 5th Generation at USB-C Dock.Problem with USB if Thunderbolt in BIOS set to "USB

2020-02-03, 7:30 AM

Realy? Noone has any idea? Could Someone reproduce that problem? Or is it a hardware defect?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete