cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shinymoon
Punch Card
Views: 723
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon 5th gen - Fingerprint cannot start after computer to sleep (and on battery)

Dear community,

I have been repeatably experiencing a crash of the fingerprint sensor when using the laptop on battery and allowing it to fall asleep after a few min of inactivity. After wake up, the fingerprint no longer works. (See device manager screen shots below). I updated to the latest driver - still the same issue. Disabling and enabling it manually fixes it until next sleep. Any suggestions? Extremely annoying to have to type in password every time the pc goes to sleep and having to reenable the fingerprint manually to continue using....

Screen Shot 04-24-17 at 01.58 PM.JPGScreen Shot 04-24-17 at 01.58 PM 001.JPG

Shinymoon
Punch Card
Views: 649
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 5th gen - Fingerprint cannot start after computer to sleep (and on battery)

Some more information - the issue appears independent from whether on battery or plugged in. 

After waking up from sleep, the fingerprint sensor "cannot start".

Ideas and support appreciated. 

orangehuang
Punch Card
Views: 496
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 5th gen - Fingerprint cannot start after computer to sleep (and on battery)

I found Lenovo already released new Fingerprint driver 5.2.3515.26 in July. You may get it from checking Windows Update or downloading from Lenovo Web page.

Have you tried it for luck?

Driver 5.2.3515.26 download link:

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/zh/downloads/ds120295

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors