Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerry_llj
Paper Tape
Views: 2,290
Message 1 of 8

X1 Carbon 5th gen Touchpad not working

The touchpad and the tracepoint doesnot work also cannot click. I try to uninstall it from device manager and restart, but it doesnot work.

The laptop type is 20HR-CT01WW

Thank you!

blahblah_gc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,259
Message 2 of 8

Re: X1 Carbon 5th gen Touchpad not working

I have the same problem. This is also effecting the gen4 . With the latest "n1cgr16w.exe". First, it takes a long time to switch between tabs in "Synaptics Control Panel", Ok", "Cancel" is taking forever to close the dialogbox. Also no checkbox can be selected in "Scroll" tab. This latest driver literally does not work. It CANNOT even provide the simplest functionality. Need to rollback the changes asap. 

Thanks

Jerry_S
Paper Tape
Views: 2,156
Message 3 of 8

Hi, the same here. Trackpad works for a while after restart, freezes suddenly, with both latest drivers 19.3.4.111 & 19.3.4.119.

Sometimes go back working after closing and opening the lid, not always trackpad unfreezes but trackpoint does.

Tried everyting I found on the web.

20HR-002SPB

Jerry_S
Paper Tape
Views: 2,144
Message 4 of 8

SOLVED!

I've installed driver Synaptics 19.4.18.11 (https://support.lenovo.com/pl/pl/downloads/DS501949) and it works beatifully.

Install it manually, point to Synaptics folder after you install above driver

blahblah_gc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,138
Message 5 of 8

Nope, it DOES NOT work. The same problems persist on my X1 Carbon Gen4, nothing is changed, all problems are still there. Thanks for the trying but lets not try something unofficial. Instead we should wait for Lenovo to come out with the 'right' solution. My understanding is Windows 10 would automatically update the driver if one is out.

What frustrates me is the old drivers were working fine, engineers tend you feed you with some new features which unfortunately make the most basic feature NOT working.

Highlighted
Jerry_S
Paper Tape
Views: 2,119
Message 6 of 8

You have to turn Automatic driver udate in Win10 off! Otherwise it will always change the driver to the newest one wich is bad.

I had this touchpad issue for months now, if I would wait for Lenovo to respond...

So, yes it's not properly solved, but the patch works for me and at least laptop is no more handicaped.

blahblah_gc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,049
Message 7 of 8

They rolled back the change, and its working now.

Jerry_S
Paper Tape
Views: 2,020
Message 8 of 8

yeah, they rolled... even updated BIOS. But unfortunatelly it sucks even more!

It works untill you close the lid, and reopen it later. Touch pad does not work (track point does at least).

but now, rolling back to my figured old driver does not help - maybe becasue there's new BIOS...

LENOVO - when you finally make X1 Carbon working!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors