Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkolko
Paper Tape
Views: 5,194
Message 1 of 9

X1 Carbon 5th gen - need intel drivers for Windows 7

I installed Windows 7 on my 5th gen Carbon, and I need to install the Intel video drivers. But any Intel drivers I try result in the error message "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing this software." 

Can someone point me to the Windows 7 drivers for the x1 Carbon 5th Gen?

Thanks - 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,115
Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Carbon 5th gen - need intel drivers for Windows 7

Hi jkolko!

The drivers are on the support site... except for the Intel video driver... which I found with a bit of Lenovo-fu: README and download.

Let us know if that helps.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
TenderTendon
Punch Card
Views: 5,079
Message 3 of 9

You are not going to find Win7 drivers for the Gen5 X1 Carbon, as it uses the Intel Kaby Lake processor. Microsoft has announced that there will be no Win7 support for this processor. Intel has an agreement with Microsoft that they will not release any Win7 drivers either. Also, you will not be able to receive any Windows updates if running Win7.

Edit: This is all assuming that you are talking about the latest Gen5 X1 Carbon (2017). If you are talking about the X1 Carbon with a 5th generation Intel processor (2015), you should be able to locate the drivers.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,068
Message 4 of 9

The 20K4 and 20K3 X1 Carbon 5th gen models have Skylake processors which support Windows 7.

The 20HF and 20HR X1 Carbon 5th gen models have Kaby Lake processors and do not support Windows 7.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 5,059
Message 5 of 9

@bananaman wrote:

The 20K4 and 20K3 X1 Carbon 5th gen models have Skylake processors which support Windows 7.

The 20HF and 20HR X1 Carbon 5th gen models have Kaby Lake processors and do not support Windows 7.

Thanks! Didn't know that...

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad%20X1%20Carbon%20(5th%20Gen)/ThinkPad_X1_Ca...

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

TenderTendon
Punch Card
Views: 5,048
Message 6 of 9

@bananaman wrote:

Thanks, I didn't know they were ever offered with Skylake. I see they exist on paper, but have any ever been made, and how do we order one if so? I've never seen one discussed or offered for sale anywhere.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 5,033
Message 7 of 9

I suggest checking any of the usual Lenovo resellers. 

TenderTendon
Punch Card
Views: 4,991
Message 8 of 9

@bananaman wrote:

I suggest checking any of the usual Lenovo resellers. 

I called Provantage and CDW. Both said that they have no lead time available from Lenovo. Any others to try?

Davis_Mathew_NC
What's DOS?
Views: 1,466
Message 9 of 9

Hey,

I just fix the driver issue with Win7 64 bit OS . Please watch the youtube video below and try. 100 % will fix the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w9JofZQkxI

Thank you

Davis

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors