06-06-2017

US

4 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon (5th generation)-TV-P24H-10-Thinkpad USB-C dock type 40A9

2020-02-04, 17:09 PM

Hello All, I have set up this combo of devices, and the external monitor flickers on and off sporadically using a DP cable.  I used this with an older monitor and it functioned fine, however I purchased 2 24 inch and it will not work.  Either monitor functions perfectly fine plugged into a different computer so I doubt it is the monitor. My wife is able to use her Dell laptop with my Docking station.. it works fine.  I have updated everything there is to possible update on the X1, Updated everything on the docking station, and downloaded a new .inf file for the monitor.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Both monitors are detected, just flash constantly.

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon (5th generation)-TV-P24H-10-Thinkpad USB-C dock type 40A9

2020-02-04, 19:42 PM

Hi AHJax!

Welcome to our forums community.

Have you tried connecting the external monitors directly to the laptop via HDMI or Thunderbolt-C port to check if it works? Could you send to us the system information on your laptop? Type msinfo on the search box at the bottom left side of your laptop. And also, what is the current driver version and firmware version of the docking station? You can update it via this link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ps500292.

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save