Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0xlc
Paper Tape
Views: 184
Message 1 of 6

X1 Carbon 6G Freeze using both Linux/Windows

Hi guys, i bought a new x1 few days ago and it's freezing all the time while i write something in both linux or windows. i already updated the firmwate to the last version and followed any tutorial to set up linux at the best for this laptop but nothing changed.

i really want to return it and get another one i think this is faulty. the problem is.. i wiped the ssd including recovery partition and windows. is that ok for lenovo?

thanks

bytemaster1
Punch Card
Views: 160
Message 2 of 6

Re: X1 Carbon 6G Freeze using both Linux/Windows

Shouldn't matter, if the hardware is faulty, it's faulty. Did you make any other changes to firmware?

0xlc
Paper Tape
Views: 143
Message 3 of 6

I did not change anything to any firmware. I updated the bios with the last version from lenovo website which enable s3 on linux. I will try to call lenovo later today and see what happens. It’s my first lenovo, are they fast to change laptop or takes ages? I really need it

i am in the UK

bytemaster1
Punch Card
Views: 123
Message 4 of 6

Several years ago, my institution bought me an X1C that had a faulty mainboard. We had bought two, so I just simply took the second one. That one also had a faulty mainboard (bad batch of boards ended up affecting a few hundred machines). It took them maybe a week-ish to switch out for a new one with a newer mainboard release. Since then I've personally purchased an X1 Yoga 1st-gen, and now an X1 Yoga 3rd-gen and I'm happy that they've all been okay and without incident (so far). Keep hanging on there, they're really fantastic machines, if it takes a week or two to get a good one, you'll still be happy with the choice - they're nearly impossible to beat.

0xlc
Paper Tape
Views: 111
Message 5 of 6

so i just contated this online store where i bought it. they told i cannot return because i wiped everything and there is no windows 10. they need it to test it before returning to lenovo. lenovo sent me a DOA and told me i could return to the retailer without any problem.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

bytemaster1
Punch Card
Views: 93
Message 6 of 6

I'm guessing that your store is being unreasonable. However, Lenovo itself has no say on what you do with your system, as long as you don't void warranty terms. When it comes to SSD, you could zero-fill the entire drive and use the computer as a paperweight - if hardware doesn't work, they're still obligated to fix it. Did you contact Lenovo directly?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors