Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lastangel18
Punch Card
Views: 1,383
Message 151 of 332

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen Battery drain in sleep

Yes, I saw that in other place and it seems that it's doable. But, I am using Windows and looking for official solution. I just saw that they released new BIOS v1.27 yesterday and I may upgrade tonight if it makes any improvement. =Smiley Wink

juandelia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,375
Message 152 of 332

@lastangel18 I totally agree!

Those workarounds are great just to show that the definitive fix is just a "political decission" more than a hardware limitation.

I believe that is great for new products to persue innovation and bring new solutions to the end users, but at this point Im positive that the best for Lenovo would be to give the option to the user to chose between the old sleep and the modern standby, not as recognizing a engeneering research problem but in a way of granting the user to chose what are the needs for its personal use casae scenario.

Thanks!
AirVetra
Paper Tape
Views: 1,115
Message 153 of 332

I like Modern Standby resume speed, but the drain issue, that is not traceable at all is awfull - I spent dosens of 10-12 min periods while finding apps and configurations which cause increase in drain (first was Skype 7.x, then - a lot of Thunderbolt setups, tB3 dockstations) - and now it's almost unpredictable - clear boot that could be 200+ mW consumptions then without any apps starting, devices plug-in can lead to 800-1200 mW next sleep.

I have c2: internal blocker mostly, and c2-3: internal blocker NO HARDWARE DRAINS w/o any devices mentioned^-(

Pls. do something!!!

Twang1337
Serial Port
Views: 1,062
Message 154 of 332

AirVetra
Paper Tape
Views: 1,014
Message 155 of 332

It's become worse - 713 mW/h just after upgrade and pure reboot - 50% HWDrips and 50% - SWDrip, but interesting - no CPU C.states but only some windows error reporting...

Снимок.PNG

Thinkpaddy1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 801
Message 156 of 332

Another fresh X1C6 user here with about 2% battery drain when sleeping. Here's a screenshot of the SleepStudy for the last 12h or so.

- at about 10pm, I've disconnected the laptop from AC

- at midnight, it went to hibernate by itself

- around 6am, it went back to modern sleep by itself

- power was reconnected and PC started just after 8am

Battery was at 77% after turn on. So it lost in total 23% over the course of 10 hours. Interestingly enough, the sleepstudy reports very small usage values, but reality is much worse..

Drivers are up to date, system has been deployed from a corporate Win10 Pro image (ver 1703, pending update to 1803).

Any ideas how to optimize the sleep drain?

zaphot
SCSI Port
Views: 757
Message 157 of 332

just give us normal & proper functioning S3... so we can use this otherwise prefect device for work like any previous thinkpad.... Please do your experiments inhouse and think about indroducing new features which only harm and offer no benefits at all...

DrHouse1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 735
Message 158 of 332

Although I have been reluctant in demanding getting S3 back instead of fixing modern standby so far, I start believing this is the best option indeed. It appears to me, that among the users in this thread the battery drains and reasons spread so strongly that they certainly arise from different problems, likely 2-3...

Does anyone know if there is a Windows workaround to enable S3 as it has been done for Linux?

Highlighted
zuccheroch
Fanfold Paper
Views: 633
Message 159 of 332

The inconsistency is definitely one of the worst aspects of this Modern Standby "feature. Sometimes battery drain is tolerable, then other times you get this:

Power.png

@Lenovo - you are welcome to continue to experiment with Modern Standby in the lab. But please give me the functional laptop I was promised when I bought my X1C. Restore S3, and when you finally finish debugging Modern Standby I'll be happy to give it a try. I'm not interested in being your beta tester.

AirVetra
Paper Tape
Views: 574
Message 160 of 332

After TB3 FW upgrade still the same:

Снимок_01.PNGСнимок.PNG

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors