Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AirVetra
Paper Tape
Views: 904
Message 381 of 384

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen Battery drain in sleep

Guys, and why not to use Linux standby mode in BIOS, for me this s3 state works great with 3 hours before going to hibernate option.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 878
Message 382 of 384

@bsodhi wrote:

I am doing a complete shutdown, even then the battery is draining! Either the shutdown is not really doing the complete power-off, or something is still left on to keep sipping the battery off Smiley Sad. This is most frustrating laptop I've ever used.

To do a complete shutdown, hold down the Shift key while clicking on Shut down.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
digi7gang8
Paper Tape
Views: 701
Message 383 of 384

Upgraded to Ubuntu 19.10 the day before yesterday and later noticed that my laptop didn't freeze up after I had the lid closed, so I decided to do an experiment: instead of shutting it down after work, I shut the lid to suspend it. Opened it two hours later. Perfect system restore, no noticeable battery drain, no frozen screen, no fans running hot. Will experiment more, but looks promising so far.

digi7gang8
Paper Tape
Views: 664
Message 384 of 384

Follow-up for those interested: I left it in suspended state overnight, around 13 hours. Again, perfect system restore. But there was a battery drain as it had gone from 99% to 84% during that period, so a battery drain of slightly more than 1%/hour.
This is after upgrading to Ubuntu 19.10. I'm also on the latest BIOS, with Linux Standby Mode and Wake on USB disabled. Not sure if that last setting matters at all, but I'm not going to experiment with it.
Not Mac-level battery preservation for sure, but very useable. A colleague who was also on Ubuntu 19.04, had problems with screen, wifi etc. (on a different Lenovo model), and all those problems went away after he upgraded to 19.10, so at this point there is probably not much more for Lenovo to do about it.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors