Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arjov
Punch Card
Views: 1,393
Message 31 of 311

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen Battery drain in sleep

Ofc they were mWh, I was talking of capacities xD my bad .
But if you look better at the chart, 830mWh is the capacity difference after 1:27 aka 87 minutes . So very plain proportion to get the % / h drain Smiley Happy

If my battery, being read as 57910 mWh loses 830mWh it means it loses 1.43% of it's capacity in 87 minutes. So considering, without imho committing a big mistake, a linear consumption, the battery lost 572mWh in 60 minutes, that is 0.98% of the total capacity.

Also, I googled for the drip thing and well, it looks to be bound to some intel ME issue. So nvm, I'll never fix those even if I try .

@DrHouse1 wrote:

Hi Arjov,

Unless you mistyped the "830mW" and you actually meant "830mWh", you should not divide the value by 1.5 and you would end up with 1.5%/h. (mW is drainrate, mWh is an amount of energy drained).

1% / h appears acceptable... All others here have reported 2.5-7% / h.

Although I've now seen 1%/h also in reviews of other notebooks, it's strange that sleep study rates this as high drain (the corresponding line is red in your report). Sleep study will rate the sleep behavior well-behaving (green) for values below 0.3%/h. And this tool is 5 years old whereas we deal with the very newest interested CPU...

I believe Drips means that your notebook goes to deep sleep and how long these periods of deep sleep last until it wakes up shortly to check if there is something to do.

chivitli
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,265
Message 32 of 311

My battery just got drained overnight. There was 56% of battery when I went to sleep, ten hours later when I checked the laptop again there was 10% left. I checked the report, the laptop went into "modern standby" when I left it, and used 2% per hour on average, and then around 5AM, it changed to "active" state with "MonitorOn" entry reason! That matches the time when I got up and moved the laptop from one table to another, while keeping it closed, so I find it really strange that it woke up because of that simple action...

All in all, this "modern standby" is really an issue.
rh78
Punch Card
Views: 1,243
Message 33 of 311

Agreed about modern standby.  I don't want to get notifications or have the computer doing anything in the background when the lid is closed or when I move it.  If we want this type of functionality we use our phones.

Even before you moved it at 5am for me it was still unacceptably high battery drain at 2% per hour.  My old X1C3  would drain something like 2% over 8 hours using S3 (old standby). 

The linux community here has developed an ACPI patch for enabling S3 and disabling modern standby on the X1C6 and X1Y3.  By all accounts it works great.  One wonders why Lenovo persists with modern standby.

juandelia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,211
Message 34 of 311

Hi everyone!,

So could we expect that Lenovo would take this issue and add a windows solution like the one found for linux?

Anybody knows if those DSTS scripts could be somehow ported to windows in order to recover the old Deep Sleep functionality?

Thanks!
pmidy
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 1,037
Message 35 of 311

Same problem here. I have updated  the OS  to windows 1803 and installed all the latest drivers via the lenovo vantage app.

Still got nearly 2% battery drian in sleep model.  Pertty disappointed for such bad battery managerment.

The following is the output to the sleep study report of powercfg.

1.png2.png

Dose anyone has any idea about what  "NoHwDrip. INTERNAL_BLOCKER" is?

changsta2004
SCSI Port
Views: 985
Message 36 of 311

After every update I could possibly do, I'm still getting 3-4% drain per hour. I don't want to leave my laptop plugged overnight when I sleep so I often find myself taking my laptop to work at around 60-70% battery..  I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Hopefully Lenovo will address this issue soon.

So many problems for a $2,600 laptop. Fan issues, CPU pegging, thermal issues, and no battery draining in sleep issue...this is so unlike Lenovo.

These new 2018 products are really making me consider other lineups, despite using Lenovo for 10+ years...

changsta2004
SCSI Port
Views: 977
Message 37 of 311

Also, can someone explain why my change rate is like 5-8,000 mW? I get the message (dozed to hibernate because the standard battery budget was exceeded...) Here is picture below. 

Battery Standby.png

pmidy
Vacuum Tubes
Views: 966
Message 38 of 311

Another overnight test that loss 12% battery for about 5 hours.

The main reasone is still "NoHwDrip. INTERNAL_BLOCKER" being active for 97% time.3.png

MountainSilence
Fanfold Paper
Views: 929
Message 39 of 311

Exact same problem for me "NoHwDrips.INTERNAL_BLOCKER". I have Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd Gen (20LDOO1HUS) with fresh install of 1803, all Lenovo System Updates applied, and all firmware updates that are available for the components of the Laptop. 

NoHwDrips.png

MountainSilence
Fanfold Paper
Views: 839
Message 40 of 311

!!!SOLUTION FOUND!!! - from this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comments/8p7q2i/x1c6_battery_drain_during_sleep/

"I think I've beaten the issue finally. I've contacted Lenovo support. They suggested to turn off Always-On USB in BIOS. It did the trick!"

I tried this and it worked for me as well. After setting everything else back to the defaults and changing this USB BIOS setting the report from my "powercfg  /sleepstudy" command shows standby sessions that aren't "red" and use very little power like this one: 

power.png

Top Kudoed Authors