Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 783
Message 51 of 126

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen Battery drain in sleep

@CvT wrote:

I have not been able to make a single backup from my laptop since every backup failes half-way because the laptop thinks it needs to go to sleep. So the only way to make a backup is to stay put with the laptop and physically keep it awake by moving the mouse, it is insane!

I haven't tried insomnia on a modern sleep machine but I'd expect (hope) it would work.  I use it to keep a machine awake for the situation you describe - a long-running backup or download.

Sorry it isn't a fix for the base problem, but it might help with your immediate issue.

http://dlaa.me/blog/post/10104830

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

PaulHapasol
What's DOS?
Views: 621
Message 52 of 126

I am writing an article for ars technica regarding this issue. We have been praising this laptop previously but our views need to be revised.

absolut20
Fanfold Paper
Views: 589
Message 53 of 126

I'm also having the same issue of heavy drain during sleep. Tried disabling all the "wake on" items in bios, no luck. Powercfg shows 100% use of NoHwDrips.INTERNAL_BLOCKER

Very frustrating. Lenovo please fix ASAP! Makes the laptop unusable as my primary work machine as the battery is always dead when not plugged in.

pmidy
Core Memory
Views: 570
Message 54 of 126

I was very happy when I got my X1 and became very  frustrated when I encounted this issue.

Tried many ways found online or suggested by the community. None of them worked.

Very disapointed that Lenovo did not even ack this issuse so that we know they are going to look into it.

CvT
Paper Tape
Views: 520
Message 55 of 126

I tried the insomnia program to see if it would prevent my X1C6 from going to sleep, unfortunatly it doesn't make any difference.

The weird thing is the laptop doesn't respond to any changes I make in the power/sleep setting in Windows, it just goes to standby after 3-4 minutes, even on AC power. I also tried making new powercfg profiles, but that didn't make any difference. The only thing I haven't done so far is a fresh install of Windows, but that will be my last effort, if it still goes to sleep I will have to return the laptop since I cannot do any work on it.

My battery drain (everything disabled in BIOS, so no always on USB, no connected sleep etc) is about 3-4% per hour, which is unaccepatble for a new laptop in 2018.

I wonder how other users cope with a X1C6 $2500 laptop that does go to sleep every 4 minutes?

Best,

jgalus
Paper Tape
Views: 463
Message 56 of 126

Just posting here to say that I have the same issue.

Got the 20KH006DPB model in the beginning of June and I'm very disappointed by the fact that my laptop bag gets very warm when the X1 is supposed to be asleep. I used to use T4x0 series before and they've never had such problems, that's why I've decided to upgrade and get an X1. I've hoped that after 2.5 months since the initial report from the original poster, Lenovo would do something about it...

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 431
Message 57 of 126

Hi Everyone, I understand that many of you are frustrated with the sleep funcitonality on your X1 Carbon.  I am personally using X1C 6th Gen every day and have not experienced the symptoms you are describing, but I have "smart standby" disabled in Lenovo vantage.

Nevertheless, I have taken your feedback direcly to our engineering team and we will investigate this apparent issue.  I wish I had more information to pass on to today, but please know the team is investigating and I will report back as soon as we have relevant information to share.  

jgalus
Paper Tape
Views: 420
Message 58 of 126

Hi Jon_P, thanks for the reply! I also have the "smart standby" disabled.

If the engineering team needs any additional info for the troubleshooting, I'll be happy to provide any logs that they might need.

absolut20
Fanfold Paper
Views: 409
Message 59 of 126

Thank you for acknowledging this issue and looking into it. I also have smart standby disabled. I have tried reinstalling all drivers but no improvement.

My sleepstudy report shows 0% hardware in "low power state". NoHwDRIPS.C8 is active 100% of the time during sleep. This is draining 1-2% per hour of battery.

Please keep us posted with any suggested fixes.

pmidy
Core Memory
Views: 359
Message 60 of 126

Hi, Jon_P, thanks fo the reply.

I also have "smart standby" disabled. It does not change anything.

But I enabled custom battery charge threshold, an old habit using Thinkpad. Does that affect the battery drain issue?

Please keep us posted for the progress of your investigation or if you need any additional  information.

Top Kudoed Authors