Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abcpdo
What's DOS?
Views: 345
Message 71 of 137

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen Battery drain in sleep

I managed to reduce my standby drain from 3000W to ~500W, by generating a sleep study for the entire 28 days allowed. I then found the time when it started going "bad", and uninstalled the software that I installed around that time. Turns out Labview was the curlpit for me. But now I can't use labview. There's still nohwdrip.c8 causing some drain, but it's much lower. S3 sleep would indeed be welcome.

MountainSilence
Fanfold Paper
Views: 582
Message 72 of 137

X1 Yoga (3rd gen) BIOS doesn't have an option for S3 sleep support. I just looked and have the latest BIOS version (1.21).
Administrator
Administrator
Views: 539
Message 73 of 137

Hello All,

Engineers who have been following this thread have asked if you could ensure that you have Microsoft KB4100403 installed, amongst the fixes are; "Addresses an issue with power regression on systems with NVMe devices from certain vendors."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4100403/windows-10-update-kb4100403

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

jgalus
Paper Tape
Views: 519
Message 74 of 137

Hi Andy,
I do have the KB4284848 (2018-06 Cumulative Update), which I guess is supposed to contain also the fixes from KB4100403.

Jakub
absolut20
Fanfold Paper
Views: 511
Message 75 of 137

I'm on the most current update, KB4284848 (June 26), and still having 0% hardware DRIPS (NoHwDrips.C8 still showing around 97% active during sleep). Draining about 2-3% per hour in sleep. [correction in next post below]

absolut20
Fanfold Paper
Views: 499
Message 76 of 137

Not sure if it was the BIOS update to 1.25, or the windows update that installed today, but I'm finally getting proper sleep mode in Win 10. Seeing HW DRIPS above 0% for the first time. Also 0% battery drain in 1.5h of sleep. Fingers crossed that this continues.

CvT
Paper Tape
Views: 464
Message 77 of 137

I have all available updates installed from Microsoft and Lenovo. I will do a new sleepstudy since I had the laptop reconfigured to hibernate on all conditions since sleep is not working on the X1 Carbon 6th gen. My guess is that is has to do with which programs are running on the laptop when sleep is initiated. I use the EmClient as email program and everytime I resumed from modern standby it reported corrupted databases. Also virtualbox did't play nice with VM's misbehaving when resuming from modern sleep.

Normally I would not put a laptop to sleep with VM's running, but the problem is with modern standby that the laptop goes to sleep irrespective of the settings the user has chosen in the Windows power settings. I also want to keep the laptop on running certain applications like VM's with the screen off. Now I dim the screen to minimum with a screensaver on, but it seems very '80s and backward...

Has anybody found a way to keep a laptop with modern standby on with the screen off?

pmidy
Core Memory
Views: 361
Message 78 of 137

Also on the most recent update and BIOS updated to 1.25. NOTHING changes.

NoHwDrips.C8 still showing around 99% active during sleep. 5 hours sleep, the battery drain is 9%.
MountainSilence
Fanfold Paper
Views: 359
Message 79 of 137

Is everyone here having problems on the "1803" version of Windows 10?  A Lenovo guy I was working with wasn't able to repro it but wasn't on the newest version of Windows 10.

(To find this press: "Windows-X button --> System" then look for "Version")

pmidy
Core Memory
Views: 353
Message 80 of 137

I am definitely on 1803 version of Windows 10.
Top Kudoed Authors