Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rich1231
Paper Tape
Views: 681
Message 1 of 7

X1 Carbon 6th Gen - Fibocom LTE crashing

I've had my 6th Gen carbon with LTE for a few months, recently wanted to use the LTE modem.  So purchase a sim, inserted it, rebooted it and all worked fine.   For about 60 seconds before a BSOD. Restarted tried again, the same happened. Changed Sims to another from the same company. Same issue. Purchased another sim from another company, same issue. 

Latest drivers and updates installed. 

Any ideas?

Latest firmware: 

Drivers -

Windows 1809

JuhaS
Blue Screen Again
Views: 583
Message 2 of 7

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen - Fibocom LTE crashing

I have also observed blue screens on X1 Carbon 6th Gen when downloading data at relatively high speeds (50-100Mbits/s) over the LTE connection on Fibocom L850-GL. Whenever the crash occurs, a blue screen is generated with the error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (NetAdapterCx.sys). See the following thread for further details:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-3rd-Gen-Crash-on-LTE-Fibocom-L850-GL-...

LJKH
Paper Tape
Views: 447
Message 3 of 7

To me it seems like it’s the driver. Running the Lenovo Vantage It confirms the latest driver (2.0.1.44) is installed, but after a Blue Screen -running on WiFi - it says it’s a critical necessary driver update has to be installed. 

Ian-Canada
Paper Tape
Views: 337
Message 4 of 7

Same problem here,  crashes when doing heavy downloads,   6th gen X1 carbon  with latest drivers.  This is very fustrating,  if it had connectivity or speed problems at least it would be usable but causing blue screen of death crashes makes it very risky to use.  Hopefully someone at lenovo will wake up and put a team on this to solve the problem

MauiTechGuru
What's DOS?
Views: 257
Message 5 of 7

I have the same experience ... the Fibocom LTE modem actually dissapears on occasion from the machine. I even removed the back of the laptop to reseat it .. it does seem to be a driver issue with the NetAdapterCx.sys file. I have loaded latest driver and firmware for the LTE modem. its really sad this fancy laptop has this issue so I hope someone listens and gets this fixed ASAP!
Ian-Canada
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 6 of 7

Update Now noticed that it crashes even if not doing heavy downloads. It will crash sometimes at the beginning of access the net.
LJKH
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 7 of 7

Hi all, been quiet here for a while now. Does that mean it’s a solution out there? I’ve still getting BS, and loosing my patience. My last try will be to swap the SSD disc, and do a recovery.....given that I’ve used so much time on this issue, that I could have invoiced Lenovo for at least one new computer for my used time, I consider to ask for my money back. Anyone with experience with that part of Lenovos service?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors