Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FCalderoni
Fanfold Paper
Views: 230
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 6th Gen. Issues with sleep button/ Sleep wake

I have been struggling with this for weeks now.

I have a brand new Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen laptop. Windows 10.

Upon delivery I had noticed that the laptop woke by mouse or keyboard stroke and there was NO power management tab in device manager mouse/keyboard (which usually allows to unflag the option).

I had managed to fix it through a mix of BIOS options, registry editor etc.

A few days ago I had a problem with connecting HDMI monitor. I have thus updated the driver of Intel UHD Graphics 620. The monitor now works properly, but...

I am back in trouble with the sleep option.

Currently there is no sleep among the options in the power button. There is no sleep option in power options. If I go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings,  and select "Change settings that are currently unavailable" there is no sleep checkbox.

Already tried:

- Regedig Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power, CsEnabled is set to 0.

- Edit group policy. All policies relating to sleep are set as "Not configured".

- Reinstalled drivers for Intel UHD Graphics 620, no improvement. Any way to go back to previous driver?

Any help? Thanks

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 131
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen. Issues with sleep button/ Sleep wake

Hi! Try updating the graphics driver from our website: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-.... The sleep option will work if you have the correct driver installed. If the issue persist, follow the steps below:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.

(Add - default)
powercfg -attributes SUB_SLEEP 29f6c1db-86da-48c5-9fdb-f2b67b1f44da -ATTRIB_HIDE

3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

FCalderoni
Fanfold Paper
Views: 120
Message 3 of 5

Thank you!

I have updated the driver. However, in the meanwhile I have managed to get the sleep function back (through regedit). However, I am still facing the problem that it wakes up at any mouse move, keyboard stroke and EVEN when I plug/unplug the power cable or sometimes (randomly) if I move the lid.

I could find no options to disalbe this malfunction.

Should I try the other solutions you suggested? Is there any fix?

As a related note, the website you indicated for the driver listed several drivers. Should I install all (at least the critical ones) of them?

Thanks again

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 112
Message 4 of 5

I see. Try these steps:
1. Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).

2. Expand open the device category (ex: Keyboards), and double click/tap on the device (ex: "HID Keyboard Device") that you want to allow or prevent to wake the computer. (see screenshot below)

3. Check or uncheck the Allow this device to wake the computer box for what you want, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
4. When finished, check if it works

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
FCalderoni
Fanfold Paper
Views: 98
Message 5 of 5

As mentioned in my first post in this thread, there is no power management tab in device manager. It is missing both in the keyboard and in any mouse.

I am sorry but this definitely does not help. The problem must be slightly more complex, as there are several threads in this forum and elsewhere online point up this problem.

Any idea?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors