cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Review2020
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 706
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 6th Gen - (Type 20KH, 20KG) Laptop (ThinkPad) - TOUCH SCREEN NOT WORKING

My touchscreen is not working and I am on the phone with Lenovo Support.

They have no clue but quickly suggest I return the PC.

It took longer than expected to get this laptop (by weeks, from China) and now Lenovo support wants me to send it back without even trying to help resolve.  They claim the issue is the LCD but didn't do any debug.

When I said I would send it back and get a refund they said OK.

Very poort experience all around

Paul_Review2020
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 702
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen - (Type 20KH, 20KG) Laptop (ThinkPad) - TOUCH SCREEN NOT WORKING

Support transferred me to the same place I started, so I am going in circles.  Anyone else get a 6th Gen out of the box that doesn'r have touch screen working ?

Paul_Review2020
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 651
Message 3 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen - (Type 20KH, 20KG) Laptop (ThinkPad) - TOUCH SCREEN NOT WORKING

Sales manager was to call me back today but no one frome Lenovo reached out.

PC is being returned - what a waste of time money and effort

Paul_Review2020
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 676
Message 4 of 5

I wish to return my ThinkPad

How do I return my thinkpad for a refund ?

I spent hours with support debugging touch screen which was dumb because after my own research I concluded that this $1700+ laptop does not have touch screen - three different support folks, including a supervisor told me to send it back the LCD was broken.

I called support today because  the trade-off for not having touch screen is I have HDR, only I don't, it is only SDR.

Support told me I needed to wait for an update from MSFT but said I should already have it. 

Last week I was told a sales manager would call me back but that did not happen.

Frankly, I am very shocked over the lack of support and what seems to be a lack of concern wrt lenovo revenue (they told me to send it back without even debugging)

tetrislink
Fanfold Paper
Views: 655
Message 5 of 5

Re: I wish to return my ThinkPad

It seems like support assumed you knew what you'd purchased. Yes, that would have been a good troubleshooting step, but had you actually purchased a touchscreen laptop and they asked the question you'd likely be offended.

Checking my order confirmation email from my last Thinkpad it clearly states it has a touchscreen: "14.0" QHD (2560x1440) IPS Multi-touch with WWAN"

As for how to return? Contact whomever you bought it from.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors