08-12-2019

US

1 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 6th Gen Unable to Wake from Sleep

2019-08-12, 14:31 PM

Our company has about 100 of the X1 Carbon 6th Gen laptops and a few Yogas.  All are connected to USB-C Lenovo docking stations. 

In the past month, we have received numerous reports of laptops failing to wake from sleep.  We've tried undocking and opening the lid and pressing the power button.  In most cases, we advise that the user hold down the power button for several seconds until the laptop does a hard shutdown.  The altenative is to use the power reset button on the bottom of the laptop.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?  I was reading about similar issues with older firmware.  We use system update to keep all of our firmware/drivers up-to-date, but I suppose that it could have missed an update.  

Thanks!

Options

7497 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32267 Signins

1188270 Page Views

• Views: 1188270
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen Unable to Wake from Sleep

2019-08-15, 16:52 PM

Hello

How long have the systems been in use? If this started in the last month and hadn't been an issue previously was there anything changed / deployed / Windows updates received which might be a possible factor here?

Also when this occurs, what happens if the user presses the Fn key on the keyboard please?

Thanks

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save