cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dandv
Serial Port
Views: 705
Message 21 of 22

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen WWAN 4G LTE? sim card but no modem?

OK, I've called Lenevo and everyone told me they "don't do upgrades", so they can't install the WWAN module. (Side note: none of the 3 CS reps I talked to knew what a "4G LTE SIM WWAN module" was, and when I gave them the part #, they couldn't find it).

My laptop is in the the repair depot due to a dead pixel, so I hoped they could also add the WWAN module, but the depot folks said they don't do upgrades.

Sales said they don't do upgrades, and I have to find a third party.

Seriously? Lenovo doesn't do upgrades on their systems?

ThinkPoint
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 22 of 22

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen WWAN 4G LTE? sim card but no modem?

Thanks again for this helpful topic. At the end of the day, all is working with parts from Amazon. One helpful advice I came here to share is that new users should make sure to do every update possible (especially BIOS wise) prior to trying to install the WWAN card.

Personally, adding a WWAN was the first thing I did after buying the new X1 (gen 6) carbon from Costco. Imaging my frustration when the Windows would refuse to boot, or show anything other than the black void after I've installed the new WWAN card. At the end of the day, I managed to get everything working by disabling the WWAN in bios, booting into windows and updating everyting that I could. After everything was updated, I was able to re-enable the WWAN in bios and use it without further issues. 

Good luck everyone

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors