Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnAN
Paper Tape
Views: 614
Message 1 of 7

X1 Carbon 6th Gen - Wifi drops during sleep

I have an X1 Carbon 6th Gen running Windows 10. Even though I have unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option in the Power Management tab for my wifi adapter, when I place my laptop in sleep mode the wifi connection is dropping.

I was under the impression that the Modern Standby capability of the 6th Gen would keep my wifi up during sleep to allow background updates. Is this correct and if so why it the wifi connection dropping?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 612
Message 2 of 7

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen - Wifi drops during sleep

Hello and welcome,

IIRC the setting you have changed applies to the machine while it's awake.  The Modern Standby options are elsewhere.

I don't have a Modern machine so I scrounged this off the web.  Do you have a similar option?

Z.

Modern Standby Wifi On.png

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JohnAN
Paper Tape
Views: 610
Message 3 of 7

I don't see those settings in my power options

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 606
Message 4 of 7

@JohnAN wrote:

I don't see those settings in my power options

Sorry about that.  I'm shooting blind here...

Anything in Vantage?  I think we're going to need someone with an X1C6 or X1Y3 to tell us where that setting is - if it's available at all.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

JohnAN
Paper Tape
Views: 602
Message 5 of 7

Thanks
han47
Punch Card
Views: 579
Message 6 of 7

Untitled.png

On X1Y3 and Win10 1809.  Not the same wording but maybe it keeps wifi alive.

JohnAN
Paper Tape
Views: 487
Message 7 of 7

I have since noticed when running "powercfg /a", I do not see the "S0 Low Power Idle" option as being available. Can this be disabled?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /a
The following sleep states are available on this system:
Hibernate
Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:
Standby (S1)
The system firmware does not support this standby state.

Standby (S2)

Standby (S3)

Standby (S0 Low Power Idle)

Hybrid Sleep
Standby (S3) is not available.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors