cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilWorsley2
Paper Tape
Views: 78
Message 1 of 1

X1 Carbon 6th Gen disconnecting/reconnecting intermittently from Docking Station

Hi,

Getting a tad exasperated and wondered if anyone else has had/ resolved this issue.

X1 Carbon 6th Gen. Windows 10 Enterprise - all drivers up to date, all BIOSs latest version (docks and laptop). Works wonderfully for the first couple of hours in the morning and then will start disconnecting and reconnecting to the dock. All I've found in the Event logs so far suggest that the power source has changed 'and was handled successfully'. It will do this for approximately 5 minutes and then will settle down and work fine for the rest of the day.

I've two docks. At work I use a Thunderbolt 3 dock with 2 x 27" monitors. At home I use an Ultra dock with 2 x 24" monitors. This happens on both. 

So far I've re-installed Windows and the drivers in case it was software related. Given it started doing this out of the box I raised a support call with Lenovo and they eventually diagnosed it was the X1 having a hardware fault. I now have a new X1 Carbon 6th gen and it does the same thing!

I'm at a loss to what to try next so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Phil

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors