luminix
What's DOS?
Views: 111
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon 6th Gen glitch: does not recognize unplugged charger

Recently found a way to reproduce the following error:

1) Keep laptop plugged into charger.

2) Put laptop to sleep.

3) While laptop is sleeping, unplug charger from Thunderbolt port.

4) Wake up laptop. It will continue to display "Plugged In" when you hover over the battery. It may cycle between Plugged In and not plugged in states, but it will only remain in "not plugged in" state for 1-2 seconds before going back to "Plugged In."

The quick fix is to re-boot into BIOS and disable battery, then plug in charger, start up laptop, unplug charger, and the unplugged state should return. It's super annoying as I have had to do this three times yesterday.

What's the consequence of not addressing this situation? In my first encounter, I triggered the glitch while boarding a 2 hour flight, so the laptop lid was shut and in "sleep" mode. After the flight, I took my laptop out of my backpack only to find it extremely hot, and it had burned through about 45% of battery life. The fan was also active I believe. I have no idea what it was doing during the past two hours.

I have my laptop firmware updated to the most recent patches in Vantage. Any help would be appreciated, or if someone can reproduce this issue to let me know that I didn't recently purchase a lemon, that'd be nice too. Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 63
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen glitch: does not recognize unplugged charger

Hi luminix!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We would like to confirm, what version of BIOS you have currently installed?

If the version is below 1.38, please download the current version here:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-....

If you have the current version then there is a high possibility that this is a bug and we recommend you contact the the Lenovo Helpdesk especially if the computer is still under warranty.

Support phone list:
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

luminix
What's DOS?
Views: 49
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen glitch: does not recognize unplugged charger

Hi, yes my BIOS is 1.38. I don't believe I encountered this issue until updating to 1.38 (updated on 5/19/2019). I recently just purchased this laptop about two weeks ago. I will contact Lenovo support for more help.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors