Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omi5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,969
Message 11 of 48

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen, loosing wifi gateway after SLEEP

I want to also say this same problem is happening to me on a X1 Carbon 6th gen. It's very frustrating. Hopefully the next Lenovo update will resolve it!

steeldeer
What's DOS?
Views: 1,912
Message 12 of 48

Same problem here, so frustrating.

Any solution yet?

samized
Paper Tape
Views: 1,795
Message 13 of 48

For me, this "new" driver version (20.70.10.2) seems to be the reason for this problem. Since the automatic installation of this driver over windows updates the internet connection is lost after sleep every time. I have the windows 10 1903 installed.

red-beard
Punch Card
Views: 1,734
Message 14 of 48

I'm having a similar issues, X1 Carbon 6th Gen, except it never reconnects to the gateway. I have to switch WiFi connections, or turn the WiFi off and back on again to get it to connect. This problem occured AFTER one of the driver updates, maybe 1-2 months ago. It did not occur for the first 6 months I had my X1 Carbon. 

Ya canna change the laws of physics
glvingne
What's DOS?
Views: 1,724
Message 15 of 48

Same here, I suddenly have had this problem for the last month or so... I need to swith WiFi off and back on... 

Very frustrating to have something working and suddenly not...

I tried the Intel update but no luck there.

Can Lenovo please do smth about it ?

Cheers

red-beard
Punch Card
Views: 1,712
Message 16 of 48

I rolled mine back. It looks like there have been about 6 updates since November 2018 (when I bought my X1 Carbon). I'll report when I have more data. 

tenroc
Paper Tape
Views: 1,685
Message 17 of 48

Also having issue on 20.70.10.2.  Just started recently, presumably after an automatic update.  I don't think the issue is that you can't connect to your default gateway -- i think it's not actually re-associating to the SSID and just showing the last previous network you were connected to as currently connected.

Can those that are having the issue confirm whether or not when your laptop resumes from standby and it shows that you're still connected to WiFi -- what happens if you take your laptop somewhere else? Does it still show connected to that same wifi when you resume?  if I take my laptop to starbucks and resume from standby, it shows that i'm still connected to my home wifi. I have to power WiFi off and on, and then it will auto-reconnect to xfinitiwifi or Starbuck's wifi.

red-beard
Punch Card
Views: 1,627
Message 18 of 48

Rolling back to 20.70.3.3 - 9/3/2018 seems to work OK. I'll try updating to the one on the Intel Website

red-beard
Punch Card
Views: 1,598
Message 19 of 48

Installing the one from the Intel website (at least now) will get you 20.70.10.2, which is the one that does not sleep/wake properly.

20.70.3.3 absolutely works. You you select the device under "Device Manager" go to "Driver", then "Update Driver".

"Browse my Computer", then "Let me Pick". You will have a list of identical drivers. Pick the third one down. After loading, look at which one it selected. Keep trying until find it. 

omi5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,499
Message 20 of 48

rollback_wireless_fix.png

I did something a little different. I just rolled back the driver to the "previous" version, where Windows chose that version, namely  20.70.7.1. That has been working all day today, with a number of suspends and return from suspend. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors