Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnCulter
Paper Tape
Views: 86
Message 11 of 13

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen touchpad freezes

Hello, I have exactly same issue. Touchpad freezes, but trackpoint works. Only restart solve the issue.

jeffbg123
Paper Tape
Views: 79
Message 12 of 13

Interesting, I just turned off automatic updates and it stopped happening (not the ideal solution)

Gin-Gin
What's DOS?
Views: 55
Message 13 of 13

Hey guys,

I own Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 6th with latest specs(except my screen is not HDR but a matte one). The laptop is approximately 4.5 months old and I have 3 years warranty on it.

I noticed exactly the same "behaviour" around my touchpad which is described in this topic.

With no explanation or reason, I have been seeing(already 5-6 times) when my touchpad simply freezes and the cursor stop moving completely. However, usually red button(pointer) along with keyboard work just fine.

The only thing which always helped me to solve this issue is just rebooting the laptop. 

All my drivers are up to date via Lenovo Vantage app as well as the latest precision windows 10 drivers installed.

Any ideas what could cause this occasional touchpad freeze? Should I contact Lenovo warranty support or this is 100% related to a software issue, not the hardware? 

Btw, I have done hardware scan test via Lenovo Vantage and no issues noticed at all.

Thank you!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors