cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvanskiver
Punch Card
Views: 1,370
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 6th Gen with docking station external monitor issue when monitors off from being idle

I have the new X1 Carbon 6th Gen with the ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station (40AJ0135US) and have noticed any time I lock my computer and my screens turn off or my screens just turn off from the computer being idle for the set amount of time that when it comes back up that all my windows have moved to the main laptop screen. I have two monitors plugged in with DisplayPort to the dock and I use the laptop screen as the main screen. Has anyone else noticed this same issue? Any fixes?

nmatese
Paper Tape
Views: 1,169
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen with docking station external monitor issue when monitors off from being idle

I have the same issue, I just deployed 14 of these.

Need a fix ASAP, it also seems to apply to HDMI connections as well.

bvanskiver
Punch Card
Views: 883
Message 3 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen with docking station external monitor issue when monitors off from being idle

With some BIOS updates this has flucated a bit, sometimes it comes back fine and all monitors kick on, other times I have to power cycle the monitors, sometimes I have to go back in the display settings in Windows and configure the monitors again, it is not consistent. Anyone else still having this issue or know of a solution? Is this potentially a hardware problem with either my computer or dock?

dwpfister
Serial Port
Views: 807
Message 4 of 5

We've had this on multiple X1G6 machines - user goes home at end of day, leaves laptop on connected to TB3 dock with (2) external monitors via DisplayPort.   We have a policy that puts monitors to sleep after 3 hours.  Monitors go to sleep, user comes in in the morning, nothing on one or both external screens.   User pulls the power cords from the monitor, plugs back in, everything fine.

As a workaround we've turned off the 3 hour sleep policy, and reported this to Lenovo.  I know other users have reported this same issue on these forums in the past.

bvanskiver
Punch Card
Views: 306
Message 5 of 5

I'm not sure what changed, if it was a Windows update or a Lenovo Vantage update, but things with my monitors have been working lately. Anyone else seeing the same? If so, maybe try doing updates available from Windows and Lenovo Vantage - there have been a couple of firmware/BIOS updates lately.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors