Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Combat
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,846
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon 6th Gen won't go to sleep or hibernate properly

Hi all,

I've had a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th gen for a few months now and I don't seem to be able to get it to sleep or hibernate.  In the advanced options power settings in Windows 10 I have changed to the following but in all cases it does nothing other than lock to laptop (e.g. if I'm watching video the sound will continue):

Lid close action:

On Battery - Sleep

Plugged in - Do Nothing

Power button action:

On Battery - Sleep

Plugged in - Hibernate

Sleep button action:

On Battery - Sleep

Plugged in - Hibernate

Sleep after:

On Battery - 10 mins

Plugged in - 20 mins

It results in the battery draining in about 24 hours unless I just fully shut down so this is seriously annoying

Combat
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,842
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon 6th Gen won't go to sleep or hibernate properly

Just realised my mistake. I had sleep and hibernate the wrong way around. However, it's still not going in to hibernation when I press the sleep button. It only does it when I close the lid or press the power button.
TomasVarin1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,443
Message 3 of 4

Hi, could you solve this? I have the same issue. Close the screen, should go to sleep but the computer still on.
Combat
Blue Screen Again
Views: 848
Message 4 of 4

I'm still having issues with this.  Has anyone else experienced the same issue and if so how was it solved?  When I close the lid it definitely doesn't hibernate.  In fact it doesn't even sleep.  90% of the time the on power settings kick in so after 15 mins it goes to sleep.  But that's still draining battery for 15 mins.  Plus 10% of the time that doesn't happen so it just drains.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors