Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianST
Serial Port
Views: 2,062
Message 1 of 5

X1 Carbon 6th HDR Screenghosting

Dear all,

Last week I received my X1 carbon 6th with HDR screen. It is very bright and colorfull but also shows significant ghosting when scrolling through text and viewing animations or movies. The effect is very noticable and distracting. Is this a factory defect or typical for the panel used? For now i'd rather work on the laptop I was replacing with the X1. The effect is apparant at all brightness levels, either plugged in or on battery power. All drivers & bios are up to date. Anyone else who has noticed these screeneffects? I found this review which describes it in lesser detail.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2018-WQHD-HDR-i7-Laptop-Review.284682.0.html

Regards & thanks in advance

Joefried
Paper Tape
Views: 1,385
Message 2 of 5

Re: X1 Carbon 6th HDR Screenghosting

I am interested if you have found a solution to this problem, or whether you have gotten used to it.  I was just about to buy the hdr screen you mentioned and am worried about the reflections.

macmovieman
Serial Port
Views: 1,354
Message 3 of 5

I too was wanting to know how this ended?

ThinkPad X1 Carbon 6th Gen | Core i7-8650U | 16 GB RAM | WQHD | 1- TB Solid State Drive
Joefried
Paper Tape
Views: 1,345
Message 4 of 5

Do you have an HDR screen?  How are you getting on with the reflections?

yfnew
Punch Card
Views: 1,316
Message 5 of 5

The default refresh rate for this panel in Windows 10 is 48Hz for some reasons. When I set it to 60Hz everything became much better. However, I have to re-set it every time after Intel HD Graphics driver update or monitor inf file update.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors