Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicok
Punch Card
Views: 76
Message 11 of 12

Re: X1 Carbon 6th gen: BIOS update broke external monitor support

Tried the Thunderbold Enable / Diasable, ...no improvement.

Symptoms: Freezes in the BIOS PreBoot Screen, where it only shows the Lenovo logo and the message to interrup by pressing enter.

In the first second I have the chance to interrupt and get into the BIOS. No setting change, changed anything.

BIOS is way slower then usual. 

Windows shutdown / reboot freezes during the exact power off moment. 

By Interupting with Enter I can tested the hardware in the lenovo tool, ... everything is fine.

By manually choosing my SSD, I can boot into windows.

Tried to roll back to BIOS 1.37. Freezes during restart. After manual Power off and starting it again, it flashes during the Lenovo splash screen. "Flashing embedded Controller" ... after that, again a freeze. Not the normal DOS like BIOS flashing screen.

After manual power off, still got into the Lenovo Interupt Splash screen, get into BIOS, ... still 1.38.

Restart, Splash screen, beeps on pressing enter, but than FREEZES, even before coming into the BIOS. **bleep**! I thought, that was it! It is a brick.

Tried the restart button under the buttom cover. ... Booted completely normal, without freezes. I'm typing this right now. 

I will try to restart my computer again. 

What should I do. I can't not use my computer the next weeks, I need it at work Smiley Sad ... definitely my last BIOS update. NEVER change a running system. I said that so many times, but than thought... well, so many users have this computer, It will not break. Usually it doesn't. This time, ... **bleep**...

nicok
Punch Card
Views: 75
Message 12 of 12

Re: X1 Carbon 6th gen: BIOS update broke external monitor support

dit a restart, 

Windows is still not shutting down. But BIOS not freezing anymore - up to now. 

I will run all Windows repair stuff tools:

sfc /scannow

Windows update troubleshooter and so on

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors