Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
norbertschott
Paper Tape
Views: 435
Message 11 of 13

Re: X1 Carbon 6th gen Integrated Camera Stops Sending Video After 30 minutes

Please really push this bugfix in the regular device updates!

This notebook series is not a gaming tool, but a professional device. For several weeks I was unable to communicate in a proper way with my customers, as I could not find the reason for the blocked camera. That is not, what I have expected by buying a professional Lenovo device.

(Even Google gave me no hints, only manual visiting this page gave more details.)

schitto
Punch Card
Views: 371
Message 12 of 13

I have the very same problem with Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd gen) and Realtek webcam. Also in my case, I noticed that the webcam consistently froze after 30 minutes during video conferences. 

The accepted solution, and the new driver ver. 10.0.17134.20050 dated 18/07/2018, fixed the problem and I could finally have 1hr video conferences without issues. Thank you very much for providing it.

However, you should really make this the official driver! It is not acceptable to be unable to have working video conferences with this kind of business laptop.

ThomasJi
Blue Screen Again
Views: 251
Message 13 of 13

I can confirm that the driver update is working for camera freeze issue on Lenovo X1 Yoga 2nd Gen. as well.

Easy to fix following the description.

On my X1 Yoga 2nd Gen the freeze happend after 2-3 seconds independet from app (Google Meet,MS Teams, etc.)

Thomas

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors