Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luca81
Blue Screen Again
Views: 314
Message 1 of 14

X1 Carbon 6th gen: computer wakes up from sleep with lid activty

Hello, I have an odd problem with my X1 Carbon 6th gen. When I click on Windows, power button, sleep, the computer goes to sleep but the LED light for the finger print stays on (is this normal?). The problem is that as soon as I close the lid, the laptop wakes up! So, I cannot put it to sleep and close the lid. I need to hibernate it. 

And yes, all my drivers are update through Lenovo Vantage and under windows powers setting, "when I close the lid", the option selected is "do nothing"

Any solution for this problem? Thanks in advance 

jeremyshaw
802.11n
Views: 301
Message 2 of 14

Re: X1 Carbon 6th gen: computer does not go to sleep

What happens if you revert the lid action to the original setting, and just standby the laptop via closing the lid (without using the power button)?

The red LED on the lid mirrors the LED on the power button, so you can observe the system state from there.

On a side note, I use the older, "Linux mode" standby, so it takes the laptop ~4 seconds to actually enter standby. The default setting is a newer "Windows mode" standby, which is faster, but a bit more finicky in my experience.

Luca81
Blue Screen Again
Views: 265
Message 3 of 14

this is a smart solution and it works -- the computer goes to sleep when I close the lid and wakes up automatically when I reopen the lid. The only problem is that I cannot use this solution given that most of the times I use my laptop connected to a second screen or to a projector, so I need it to be on/working even with the lid closed. However, this makes me realize that my laptop perceives any lid movement as user activity --- what I mean is that it wakes up when I close or open the lid. My previous Yoga did not wake up just by the opening (or closing) of the lid. Is this a (stupid) feature of the newest X1 or is it something weird on my specific laptop?
Luca81
Blue Screen Again
Views: 264
Message 4 of 14

also, may I ask you what is this linux mode standby and how to activate it? 

Samandjt
What's DOS?
Views: 239
Message 5 of 14

I agree. Much like you, I want to be able to sleep the screen independent of the lid action.

If this is a new "feature," I would like to disable it. Or, the "closing lid" action in Windows settings should disable it automatically.

jeremyshaw
802.11n
Views: 218
Message 6 of 14

@Luca81 wrote:

also, may I ask you what is this linux mode standby and how to activate it? 

It is a setting in the BIOS. Windows mode (modern standby, Si03) and Linux mode (traditional standby, S3).

As for the lid doing stuff, I've never been able to change that functionality on my current thinkpads (X1C6 and E485). It seems every vendor has to have some problems.

Lenovo Employee Samcheng
Lenovo Employee
Views: 205
Message 7 of 14

Re: X1 Carbon 6th gen: computer wakes up from sleep with lid activty

Please check the settings of lid close action was set as "Sleep" in Control Panel->Power->activated Power Plan.

Samandjt
What's DOS?
Views: 195
Message 8 of 14

It is set to Nothing, which is why I am frustrated with this new "feature" that seems to ignore that setting.

Lenovo Employee Samcheng
Lenovo Employee
Views: 148
Message 9 of 14

After change the setting of lid close action to "Sleep", if your issue can be fixed? The Factory settings of lid close action is "sleep" , maybe the settings on your PC was changed by a software.
Luca81
Blue Screen Again
Views: 132
Message 10 of 14

Please see the beginning of the thread---This solution was already proposed. If set to sleep, the computer goes to sleep when one closes the lid and wakes up automatically when one reopens the lid. The only problem is that I (and many other people on this forum) cannot use this solution given that most of the times we use the laptop connected to a second screen or to a projector, so we need it to be on/working even with the lid is closed. The laptop perceives any lid movement as user activity --- what I mean is that it wakes up when I close or open the lid. My previous Yoga did not wake up just by the opening (or closing) of the lid. So,the question is-- how to fix this (very stupid) feature?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors