cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lp22
Paper Tape
Views: 113
Message 1 of 3

X1 Carbon 6th gen display: differences between touch and non-touch (touch capability aside)

Hi all.

I'm planning to buy an X1 Carbon, and I'd like a hint to help me to choose between touch and non-touch display; I'm not planning right now to make a major use of the touch panel, but this could change in the future.

Apart from the touch feature, there are other differences between these two options? Image quality? Screen surface, matte or glossy? Thickness? Weight? Battery usage? Other?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong forum section. Can't find a button to delete. Somebody can kindly move to the right section? Or delete from me? Thanks

Moderator note: post moved.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 85
Message 2 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 6th gen display: differences between touch and non-touch (touch capability aside)

Hello and welcome,

I have no personal experience with the Carbon series, but the way I read the base spec the touch option is only available with the FHD screen.  I guess that's "other" ...

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad%20X1%20Carbon%20(6th%20Gen)/ThinkPad_X1_Ca...

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

lp22
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 3 of 3

Re: X1 Carbon 6th gen display: differences between touch and non-touch (touch capability aside)

Yes, I know, I should have mentioned it. I'm going to choose the FHD display.

Thank you anyway.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors