Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-06-2018

United States of America

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 6th gen noise on the bottom right corner

2018-04-06, 3:43 AM

Hi guys, I bought a 6 gen X1c last week and just noticed today that every time I press the bottom right corner of the body, there is a cracking noise. This is my first lenovo laptop ever. I don't know if this is normal for lenovo laptop or for 6 gen X1C. Does anyone else have the same problem? I really don't know if this problem will affect the lifetime of my X1c in any way or some other functionalities. Many thanks!!

Options

1 Posts

07-02-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 6th gen noise on the bottom right corner

2018-07-02, 21:57 PM

Yes!! Same problem. I had a non-touch version that I purchased from a physical store and didn't notice this at all, after a lot of use.

Later decided to go with touch screen, saw the memorial day sale and ordered one online from Lenovo.

THIS one, on both corners, will have an audible "click" noise coming from the plastic. Noticed the first time i ever opened it to turn it on. PRETTY WHACK if you ask me! The whole reason I went with Lenovo over Dell was because of the reputation of their build quality.

Not cool !  I have found another thread from 2012/13 describing a similar issue...but no response from Lenovo

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms