Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lej1971
What's DOS?
Views: 165
Message 1 of 2

X1 Carbon 6th random issues

My computer is having random issues which I cannot seem to resolve except that if I restart the computer, the issue goes away for a little while.

The two main issues I've noticed are (1) the inability to connect to Wi-Fi regardless of the network connection I'm trying to reach and (2) inability to connect to external monitor using HDMI.

As I said, the issue goes away for a while immediately upon restarting the computer.  However, the issue will come back in about a day.

Any ideas.  It's frustrating having to restart all the time.  

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 119
Message 2 of 2

Re: X1 Carbon 6th random issues

Intel released a new driver for its Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 WiFi adapter on July 2, 2019 (version 20.70.10.21)  to address some issues found with the latest Windows 10 June 1903 update, so you may be running into those problems.    Lenovo has not yet published the latest version on its website, but you can download and install the latest version direct from Intel here, or using the link below.   

The release notes for the 20.70.10.21 version lists the issues addressed in this latest driver version. 

Note: If you do so, be sure to also install the latest Intel® Wireless Bluetooth® for Windows® 10 driver (version 21.20.0 dated 7-2-2019) at the same time, which is located on the same page Wireless driver.

Downloads for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/94150/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8265

Intel also released a newer graphics driver for its Intel® HD Graphics 620 (Version: 26.20.100.6912 (Latest) Date: 6/19/2019) that is newer than the 26.20.100.6860 version available on Lenvo's site, so you might see if that resolves your external monitory issue, especially if you are experiencing a black screen on the external monitory when resuming from sleep. 

The Intel driver from Intel is a bit of a pain to install, because you first have to switch to the default Windows 10 graphics driver, or the installer will exit out and point to you back to your OEM for a driver. .

If you want to try the latest Intel driver, here are the steps to install them.

Before starting, download the latest Intel DCH driver for your graphics adapter, and disconnect your dock or any other external monitors for the time being.

Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 620

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551/Intel-HD-Graphics-620

Switch to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

• Right-click on Start and select Device Manager

• Expand the "Display Adapters" section, and then double-click on your Intel HD Graphics adapter

• Select the Driver tab -> "Update Driver" -> "Browse my computer for driver software" -> "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

• Select “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter”

• Click “Next” (note that your screen resolution will probably change) when it switches to the basic driver)

• Close Device Manager

You should now be able to launch and install the latest Intel DCH driver installation successfully. 

Cheers,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors