cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v4le
Fanfold Paper
Views: 461
Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon 7th Gen (20QD) Touchpad not working, UltraNav Tab not showing in Mouse Options

On my X1 Carbon 7th Gen - (Type 20QD) the touchpad is not working. 

• track point is working fine so are the ultra nav buttons
  • touchpad is completely unresponsive
  • there is not ultranav or synaptics tab in my addtional mouse options (mouse properties) in settings
  • I have touchpad settings in windows settings. I tried setting sensitity to max. Didn't change anything. That's the only option apart from the link for additional settings which is missing the tab. 
  • I can't roll back drivers -> option is greyed out on HID-compliant mouse (I assume thats the touchpad in device manager)
  • there doesn't seem to be a synaptic driver installed
  • on the lenovo X17 support page is no synaptic driver to download only a firmware update. Which, when I try to execute, tells me that there needs to be a synpatic driver installed in order to upgrade the firmware. 
  • I tried pressing FN+F8 and all other F keys...
  • I also can't see a function key that enables or disables the touchpad. Is there one? 
  • In BIOS both trackpoint and touchpad are turned on

Thankful for any advice... 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 442
Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon 7th Gen (20QD) Touchpad not working, UltraNav Tab not showing in Mouse Options

Hello and welcome,

I can't address your primary problem, but the UltraNav tab is missing because Microsoft has takeon over that function.  These machines use a "precision touchpad" driver.  You can confirm thusly:  https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/videos/vid500008

I don't think those instructions will help otherwise, but maybe...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

v4le
Fanfold Paper
Views: 407
Message 3 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon 7th Gen (20QD) Touchpad not working, UltraNav Tab not showing in Mouse Options

Thanks

v4le
Fanfold Paper
Views: 287
Message 4 of 4

this was solved after reinstalling the Windows 10. The track pad came on by itself. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors