Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

29 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

5 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 1 of 9

X1 Carbon 7th Gen - Left side speakers randomly get very quiet

2019-11-18, 23:50 PM

EDIT: I was incorrect as to what the issue was - updated the post to reflect that. Long story short - the left side speakers aren't getting quiet - the bottom left speaker is ceasing to work entirely.

Having a very frustrating issue with my barely month-old X1 Carbon 7th Gen. As the title says, the bottom left speaker will seemingly randomly stop working. I have no idea what triggers this to happen, nor do I have any idea what makes it go away - it seems totally random. Sometimes if I pause all audio for a few seconds, the speaker will start to work again, but this does not work every time. Same with rebooting. Other than that - no rhyme or reason to it.

Can anyone help me with this? It's starting to get very frustrating.

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

United States of America

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: X1 Carbon 7th Gen - Left side speakers randomly get very quiet

2019-11-19, 17:03 PM

Hi !

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums.

When did the issue start? Did you notice system updates prior to the issue?

We recommend that you follow these troubleshooting steps from Microsoft to fix sound problems in Windows 10.

Link here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems

Since the issue is intermittent, further troubleshooting steps can helps us to find what is the cause of the problem.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

29 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

5 Signins

93 Page Views

• Views: 93
  • Message 3 of 9

2019-11-19, 22:47 PM

None of those steps have brought up any issues. However, I considered reinstalling the audio drivers, only to go to the driver download page for my machine to find that there are no audio drivers. I'm looking here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-7th-gen-type-20r1-20r2/20r1/20r1000rus/pf14x8cw/downloads/driver-list

Why are there no audio drivers listed on this page?

Options

0 Posts

01-25-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 9

2020-01-24, 23:33 PM

I have the exact same issue. Have tried all Windows and driver updates to no avail. Can someone please advise on how to resolve this issue? Do I need a new laptop (just unboxed mine today)? :smileysad:

Options

459 Posts

05-02-2019

United States of America

322 Signins

7862 Page Views

• Views: 7862
  • Message 5 of 9

2020-01-28, 16:31 PM

wrote:

None of those steps have brought up any issues. However, I considered reinstalling the audio drivers, only to go to the driver download page for my machine to find that there are no audio drivers. I'm looking here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-7th-gen-type-20r1-20r2/20r1/20r1000rus/pf14x8cw/downloads/driver-list

Why are there no audio drivers listed on this page?

Since there's no driver available from the support website for audio, you may uninstall directly the existing audio driver of your machine from device manager then restart the machine. In that case, Windows will automatically find the latest driver for your X1 Carbon 7th Gen.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

08-11-2018

Turkey

10 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 6 of 9

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Gen - Left side speakers randomly get very quiet

2021-02-05, 13:04 PM

Hi,

Have you find a solution to the problem? 

Same X1 Carbon 7th gen, same problem here. Same left speaker...

Please help

Options

9 Posts

08-11-2018

Turkey

10 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 7 of 9

2021-02-05, 13:53 PM
I found that, i think it is not a hardware problem. while listening spotify, left speaker stops working, but when i close the spotify and open again, left speaker starts again. then stops again another example: at youtube there is a video: left right stereo test, while listening the video (it show left and right channels), at some point, device or software forgets to switch to left speaker and left channel sound comes from right (1 second). that is the moment when we think left speaker dies. Actually, left speaker is still there and working, but somehow software fails. usual suspects: vantage and dolby apps or maybe atmos spiritual sound inw windows. I couldnt find a solution yet. But I think I am sure, it is not hardware fail. If I send the laptop to service, if they change the left speaker, they will check for a moment, they will think, ok it is working now. but it will not, after a minute it will stop again.
Options

1 Posts

02-05-2021

Canada

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 8 of 9

2021-02-10, 20:21 PM

Iv talked with a Lenovo support and they suggested to shutdown the computer and unplug the power then to reset the laptop drivers by press the reset button ten times, press and release ( it's a pin hole reset button underside of the laptop, same side as the power button). Iv also personally disabled "Exclusive Mode" and "Signal Enhancements" in the speaker properties. It seems to have helped for the time being. 

Options

4 Posts

02-11-2021

Czech Republic

5 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 9 of 9

2021-04-08, 20:49 PM

Same issue here with Lenovo X1 7th. Lenovo can you provide solution? Very useful especially now during online meetings if one side of speakers doesn’t work. I have feeling like with very low-cost laptop without any support!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms