Options

3 Posts

04-24-2008

Hungary

5 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 4

X1 Carbon 7th Gen Touchpad lags / hangs for a moment when using trackpoint/touchpad buttons

2020-01-21, 17:01 PM

Hello,

I have an issue whith my new X1 Carbon (G7), that my touchpad does not react immediately when I click with the phisical touchpad buttons (ie. the buttons above the touchpad). It is noticable when trying to drag&drop an item, or when trying to use the scrollbar similarly (clicking and dragging). It works well when I use the lower area of the touchpad to "click".

For example: I select a file in File Explorer with a click and immediately move my fingers on the touchpad to drag it somewhere else, but it only starts to move after a short moment. It feels like the touchpad does not want to react, but then it suddenly starts to work...

I thought of driver update, but Synaptics driver is not available. Maybe it's an issue with the Microsoft drivers?

Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Thanks

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: X1 Carbon 7th Gen Touchpad lags / hangs for a moment when using trackpoint/touchpad buttons

2020-02-04, 14:46 PM

Hi bardil! The newer computers usually came with precision touchpad from Microsoft.
To check it, follow the steps here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht506066. If its a precision touchpad, you can follow the steps on this video: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/videos/vid500008 in changing the settings.
Check for pending Windows update. Go to Start button --> Settings --> Update & Security --> Windows Update.

If the issue still persists, run the hardware scan from the Vantage app to check for possible hardware failure.

Let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

03-15-2020

US

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Gen Touchpad lags / hangs for a moment when using trackpoint/touchpad buttons

2020-03-15, 6:15 AM

I have exactly the same issue. I just got my X1c gen 7, did all the Windows 10 (Pro) updates and Lenovo Vantage updates.

I suspect this is a software/driver issue and I've tried to find a solution with no success.

This is NOT a minor issue, it is a constant annoyance, I'm unnecessarily hindered all the time while trying to do simple mouse movement & clicking.

Lenovo needs to figure this out, it is an unacceptable flaw.

Options

1 Posts

07-30-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:X1 Carbon 7th Gen Touchpad lags / hangs for a moment when using trackpoint/touchpad buttons

2020-07-31, 12:32 PM

Created an account just to say I am having this issue on a brand new Yoga X1 G5

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete